IAEE is pleased to announce the continuation of a special program offering conference support to IAEE student members from developing countries (for a list of qualifying countries please visit http://www.iaee.org/documents/LIC.pdf Your country of origin must be on this list for support to be considered). The program covers five of the Association’s conferences in 2013. This program is generously underwritten by the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and the International Association for Energy Economics. The program covers transportation and lodging reimbursement up to $1750.00 plus waiver of conference registration fees for a limited number of qualifying students.
(1) you must be from a qualifying country, for a list of qualifying countries please visit http://www.iaee.org/documents/LIC.pdf If your country of origin is not on this list your application for support will not be considered.
(2) a current IAEE member,
(3) registered as a full-time student in a program of study and
(4) be enrolled in full-time academic coursework during the application stage as well as during the conference to be attended.
The conferences included in the program are the 4th ELAEE Conference in Montevideo, Uruguay, April 7-9, 2013; 6th NAEE/IAEE International Conference in Lagos, Nigeria, April 22-23, 2013, the 36th IAEE International Conference in Daegu, Korea, June 16-20, 2013, the 32nd USAEE/IAEE North American Conference in Anchorage, Alaska, July 28-31, 2013, or the 13th IAEE European Conference in Dusseldorf, Germany, August 18-21, 2013.
Application deadlines for these conferences are as follows:
|Conference Location||application cut-off date|
|Montevideo Conference||February 11, 2013|
|Lagos Conference||February 18, 2013|
|Daegu Conference||March 18, 2013|
|Anchorage Conference||April 29, 2013|
|Düsseldorf Conference||May 20, 2013|
• Full name, mailing address, phone/fax/email, country of origin and educational degree pursuing.
• A letter stating you are a full-time graduate/college student during the application stage as well as during the time of the conference you wish to attend, a brief description of your course work and energy interests, and the professional benefit you anticipate from attending the conference. The letter should also provide the name and contact information of your main faculty supervisor or your department chair, and should include a copy of your student identification card.
• A letter from your academic faculty, preferably your faculty supervisor, recommending you for this support and highlighting some of your academic research and achievements, and your academic progress.
• A cost estimate of your travel/lodging expenses to participate in your conference of choice.
Please note that students may apply for this support at only one of the above conferences. Multiple requests will not be considered. Further note that you must be a student member of IAEE to
be considered for this support. Membership information can be found by visiting https://www.iaee.org/en/membership/application.aspx
Applicants will be notified whether their application has been approved approximately 14 days after the applicable application cut-off date, above. After the applicant has received IAEE approval, it will be his/her responsibility to make their own travel (air/ground, etc.) and hotel accommodations to participate in the conference. Reimbursement up to $1750.00 will be made upon receipt of itemized expenses and after the conference is held. The reimbursement will only cover transportation and lodging expenses. No other expenses will be covered (e.g., paying for Visa’s/Passports, meals outside the conference provided meal functions); no more than four nights lodging will be covered.
For further information regarding the IAEE support fund for students from developing countries to participate in our conferences in 2013, please do not hesitate to contact David Williams at 216-464-5365 or via e-mail at: email@example.com